Timing of Pulmonary Valve Replacement
The Impact of PVR on Mortality
The Impact of PVR on Symptoms and Exercise Tolerance
The Impact of PVR on Electrophysiologic End-Points
Improvement in Quality of Life as an Indication for PVR
Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Measurements as an Indication for PVR
- Davlouros P.A.
- Kilner P.J.
- Hornung T.S.
- et al.
Indications for PVR
- 1Symptomatic patients
- aSymptoms of exercise intolerance attributable to moderate to severe PR and RV volume overload
- bSyncope and other tachyarrhythmias
- 2Asymptomatic patients
- aRV dilatation: RVESV > 80 mL/m2, RVEDV > 150 mL/m2 (Z-score > 4)
- bDecreased RVEF or LVEF
- cRVOT aneurysm
- dProlonged QRS: > 140 ms
- eTachyarrhythmias attributable to RV volume overload
- 3Other hemodynamically important indications for PVR
- aRVOT obstruction and/or severe branch PS
- b≥ Moderate tricuspid regurgitation
- cResidual shunt with Qp/Qs ≥ 1.5
- dIn addition to an operation for aortic regurgitation and/or aortic root dilatation
- Warnes C.A.
- Williams R.G.
- Bashore T.M.
- et al.
Technique of PVR
STS Congenital Heart Surgery Data Summary July 2006 - June 2010 Procedures All Patients.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Experience
- Long-term survival in patients with repair of tetralogy of Fallot: 36-year follow-up of 490 survivors of the first year after surgical repair.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1997; 30: 1374-1383
- Risk factors for arrhythmia and sudden cardiac death late after repair of tetralogy of Fallot: a multicentre study.Lancet. 2000; 356: 975-981
- Factors associated with impaired clinical status in long-term survivors of tetralogy of Fallot repair evaluated by magnetic resonance imaging.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 43: 1068-1074
- Pulmonary valve replacement in tetralogy of Fallot: impact on survival and ventricular tachycardia.Circulation. 2009; 119: 445-451
- The impact of pulmonary valve replacement after tetralogy of Fallot repair: a matched comparison.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2007; 32: 462-468
- Late pulmonary valve replacement after repair of tetralogy of Fallot.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2001; 121: 344-351
- Biventricular response after pulmonary valve replacement for right ventricular outflow tract dysfunction: is age a predictor of outcome?.Circulation. 2008; 118: S182-S190
- Homograft insertion for pulmonary regurgitation after repair of tetralogy of fallot improves cardiorespiratory exercise performance.Am J Cardiol. 2000; 85: 221-225
- Pulmonary valve replacement after surgical repair of tetralogy of Fallot.Hong Kong Med J. 2010; 16: 26-30
- Assessment of myocardial function in pediatric patients with operated tetralogy of Fallot: preliminary results with 2D strain echocardiography.Pediatr Cardiol. 2008; 29: 718-725
- Early replacement of pulmonary valve after repair of tetralogy: is it really beneficial?.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2004; 25: 728-734
- Preoperative thresholds for pulmonary valve replacement in patients with corrected tetralogy of Fallot using cardiovascular magnetic resonance.Circulation. 2007; 116: 545-551
- Impact of pulmonary valve replacement on arrhythmia propensity late after repair of tetralogy of Fallot.Circulation. 2001; 103: 2489-2494
- Meta-analysis of pulmonary valve replacement after operative repair of tetralogy of fallot.Am J Cardiol. 2010; 106: 552-557
- Reduction of QRS duration after pulmonary valve replacement in adult fallot patients is related to reduction of right ventricular volume.Eur Heart J. 2005; 26: 928-932
- Outcomes after late reoperation in patients with repaired tetralogy of Fallot: the impact of arrhythmia and arrhythmia surgery.Ann Thorac Surg. 2006; 81 (discussion 1793): 1786-1793
- Relation of right ventricular dilation, age of repair, and restrictive right ventricular physiology with patient-reported quality of life in adolescents and adults with repaired tetralogy of Fallot.Am J Cardiol. 2010; 106: 1798-1802
- Children and adolescents with repaired tetralogy of fallot report quality of life similar to healthy peers.Congenit Heart Dis. 2011; 6: 18-27
- Randomized trial of pulmonary valve replacement with and without right ventricular remodeling surgery.Circulation. 2010; 122: S201-S208
- Right ventricular diastolic function in children with pulmonary regurgitation after repair of tetralogy of Fallot: volumetric evaluation by magnetic resonance velocity mapping.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1996; 28: 1827-1835
- Magnetic resonance imaging to assess the hemodynamic effects of pulmonary valve replacement in adults late after repair of tetralogy of fallot.Circulation. 2002; 106: 1703-1707
- Optimal timing for pulmonary valve replacement in adults after tetralogy of Fallot repair.Am J Cardiol. 2005; 95: 779-782
- Remodelling of the right ventricle after early pulmonary valve replacement in children with repaired tetralogy of Fallot: assessment by cardiovascular magnetic resonance.Eur Heart J. 2005; 26: 2721-2727
- Ventricular size and function assessed by cardiac MRI predict major adverse clinical outcomes late after tetralogy of Fallot repair.Heart. 2008; 94: 211-216
- Correlation of pulmonary regurgitation fraction and right ventricular ejection fraction in patients with tetralogy of Fallot.Clin Res Cardiol. 2011; 100: 713-714
- Right ventricular function in adults with repaired tetralogy of Fallot assessed with cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging: detrimental role of right ventricular outflow aneurysms or akinesia and adverse right-to-LV interaction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2002; 40: 2044-2052
- Range of ventricular dimensions and function by steady-state free precession cine MRI in repaired tetralogy of Fallot: right ventricular outflow tract patch vs. conduit repair.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2007; 26: 934-940
- Prevalence of LV systolic dysfunction in adults with repaired tetralogy of Fallot.Am J Cardiol. 2011; 107: 1215-1220
- Repaired tetralogy of Fallot: the roles of cardiovascular magnetic resonance in evaluating pathophysiology and for pulmonary valve replacement decision support.J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2011; 13: 9
- ACC/AHA 2008 guidelines for the management of adults with congenital heart disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines on the Management of Adults With Congenital Heart Disease).J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 52: e1-e121
- STS Congenital Heart Surgery Data Summary July 2006 - June 2010 Procedures All Patients.Cited August 21, 2011)
- Extracorporeal circulation by peripheral cannulation before redo sternotomy: indications and results.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2008; 136: 572-577
- Usefulness of the axillary artery as vascular access for cardiopulmonary bypass.J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2006; 47: 457-460
- Innominate artery cannulation for congenital heart disease.Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2010; 10: 331-333
- Performance of bovine pericardial valves in the pulmonary position.Ann Thorac Surg. 2010; 90: 1295-1300